Crédit Agricole, a leader in Europe
Crédit Agricole Group is the leading financial partner to the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
It is the leading retail bank in Europe as well as the first European asset manager, the first bancassurer in Europe and the third European player in project finance. Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, its 140,000 employees and the 31,500 directors of its Local and Regional Banks, Crédit Agricole Group is a responsible and responsive bank serving 50 million customers, 8.2 million mutual shareholders and 1.1 million individual shareholders.
Thanks to its universal customer-focused retail banking model – based on the cooperation between its retail banks and their related business lines –, Crédit Agricole Group supports its customers’ projects in France and around the world: insurance, real estate, payments, asset management, leasing and factoring, consumer finance, corporate and investment banking.
Crédit Agricole also stands out for its dynamic, innovative corporate social responsibility policy, for the benefit of the economy. This policy is based on a pragmatic approach which permeates across the Group and engages each employee.
- 50 M customers
- A global presence in 54 countries
- 140 000 employees
- 1.1 million individual shareholders
- 8.2 million mutual shareholders
- 31,500 directors
- 2,489 Local Banks
- 39 Regional Banks
- About 7 000 branches
- LCL : over 2 000 branches
- The bank of 1 individual out of 3 in France
- The bank of almost 1 company out of 2 in France
- The bank of 9 farmers out of 10 in France
- Crédit Agricole Group is the leading partner of the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
Data at feb 2015