Crédit Agricole, a leader in Europe
Crédit Agricole Group is the leading financial partner to the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
It is the leading retail bank in Europe as well as the first European asset manager, the first bancassurer in Europe and the third European player in project finance. Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, its 140,000 employees and the 31,500 directors of its Local and Regional Banks, Crédit Agricole Group is a responsible and responsive bank serving 52 million customers, 8.2 million mutual shareholders and 1.1 million individual shareholders.
Thanks to its universal customer-focused retail banking model – based on the cooperation between its retail banks and their related business lines –, Crédit Agricole Group supports its customers’ projects in France and around the world: insurance, real estate, payments, asset management, leasing and factoring, consumer finance, corporate and investment banking.
Crédit Agricole also stands out for its dynamic, innovative corporate social responsibility policy, for the benefit of the economy. This policy is based on a pragmatic approach which permeates across the Group and engages each employee.
- 1st leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
- 1st bancassurer in Europe
- 1st European asset manager
- The bank of 1 individual out of 3 in France
- The bank of almost 1 company out of 2 in France
- The bank of 9 farmers out of 10 in France
- 140,000 employees
- €31.8 billion in revenues (Group results)
- €92.9 billion shareholders’ equity (Group results)
- 52 M customers
- A global presence in 52 countries
- 11,100 branches
Data at February 2016