Crédit Agricole, a leader in Europe
The Crédit Agricole Group is the market leader in France in Universal Customer-Focused Banking and one of the largest banks in Europe.
As the leading financial partner of the French economy and a major European player, the Crédit Agricole Group supports its customers’ projects in France and around the world across the full spectrum of retail banking businesses and related specialised businesses: insurance, asset management, leasing and factoring, consumer finance, corporate and investment banking.
Underpinned by firm cooperative and mutual foundations, 150,000 employees and the 32,000 directors of its Local and Regional Banks, the Crédit Agricole Group is a responsible and responsive bank serving 51 million customers, 6.9 million mutual shareholders and 1.2 million shareholders.
In its efforts to support the economy, Crédit Agricole also stands out through its dynamic and innovative social and environmental responsibility policy. The Group features in the top 3 of Novethic’s rankings concerning corporate social responsibility and responsible reporting by Europe’s 31 largest banks and insurance companies.
A responsible and committed operator
- Signatory to the United Nations Global Compact in 2003
- Constituent of the main sustainable development indexes: ASPI Eurozone since 2004; FTSE4Good since 2005; DJSI since 2008.
- Signatory to The Climate Principles in 2008
- Market leader in France and a key player in Europe
- No. 1 in bancassurance in France
- No. 2 in asset management in Europe
- A key player in private banking in Europe
- 150 000 employees
- €31 billion revenues
- €71 billion shareholder’s equity - group share
- 51 million customers worldwide
- 11 300 branches
Data at end-2012