Crédit Agricole, a leader in Europe
Group is the leading financial partner to the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe. It is the leading retail bank in Europe, number one European asset manager, bancassurer in Europe and global leader in aircraft financing.
Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, its 150,000 employees and the 31,000 directors of its Local and Regional Banks, Crédit Agricole Group is a responsible, helpful bank serving 49 million customers, 7.4 million mutual shareholders
and 1.2 million shareholders.
Through its universal customer-focused banking model, which is based on close cooperation between its retail banks and the associated specialist finance businesses, Crédit Agricole Group supports its customers in their plans and projects in France and around the world, through its operations in all segments of the market including insurance, real estate, payment systems, asset management, leasing and factoring, consumer finance, and corporate and investment banking.
Crédit Agricole also stands out for its dynamic, innovative corporate social responsibility policy serving the economy. This policy is based on a pragmatic approach that permeates throughout the entire Group and engages all its employees. Its recent inclusion in the Vigeo-NYSE Euronext extra-financial indices is recognition of this engagement.
- 50 M customers
- A global presence in 54 countries
- 140 000 employees
- 1.1 million individual shareholders
- 8.2 million mutual shareholders
- 31,500 directors
- 2,489 Local Banks
- 39 Regional Banks
- About 7 000 branches
- LCL : over 2 000 branches
- The bank of 1 individual out of 3 in France
- The bank of almost 1 company out of 2 in France
- The bank of 9 farmers out of 10 in France
- Crédit Agricole Group is the leading partner of the French economy and one of the largest banking groups in Europe.
Data at feb 2015