Credit Agricole Egypt (CAE)
Established in 2006, Crédit Agricole Egypt has become an active player in Egypt’s financial industry, offering a wide range of innovative and convenient products to customers across the entire spectrum: Corporate, SMEs and individuals.
In 7 years, CA Egypt has become a universal bank, with 40% of its net banking income derived from retail customers. The bank develops strong synergy in the Corporate segment with CACIB and other Group entities.
CA Egypt is recognized in the country for the quality of its customer service and its state of the art digital services - for which the bank ranks among the top 3 in terms of the CRI index - and has solid sustainable growth and a high level of profitability.
Crédit Agricole Egypt launched its Impact 2020 strategy, which aims at becoming a leading, innovation-driven, sustainable bank in Egypt.
Capitalizing on the bank’s strengths and fully aligned with group strategy and values, Impact 2020 stands on 3 pillars:
- Ensure business growth thanks to innovation, stronger customer focus and increased synergies with the Group;
- Leverage on innovation to improve efficiency and fully integrate all the dimensions of Sustainability across the different activities;
- Capitalize on innovation to develop the bank’s Human Capital and actively support the community.
- Company name: Crédit Agricole Egypt S.A.E.
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database):
- 60.5% : Groupe Crédit Agricole S.A. (dont 47,4% Crédit Agricole SA et 13,1% CACIB)
- 6,6% : Ali Daykh
- 1,4% : AlMansour & AlMaghraby Group
- 31,5% : free Float
- Crédit Agricole Egypt’s organizational chart (January 2019)
Crédit Agricole Egypt Management
- Pierre Finas, Managing Director
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision and Control
- Emmanuel Arriba - Supervision Head - Egypt
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual
Nominal GDP growth
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
Household savings rate
source : ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2017)