Crédit Agricole in Egypte
Formed in 2006 via successive mergers - Indosuez, CCF, Crédit Lyonnais and Egyptian American Bank – today, Crédit Agricole Egypt is the only French bank operating in Egypt.
Credit Agricole Egypt (CAE)
Created in 2006 via successive mergers: Indosuez, CCF, Crédit Lyonnais, and Egyptian American Bank.
In August 2015, CA Egypt joined the EGX 30 – the Cairo Stock Exchange index: the only French bank operating in Egypt, it is also part of the EGX / ESG S&P sustainability index.
Historically dedicated to the Corporate market, CA Egypt became a universal bank, with 50% of its net banking income generated on retail market.
Development of strong synergies to serve Crédit Agricole Group customers, notably with CACIB.
A solid bank with strong financial fundamentals that enabled the bank to face two crises (in 2011 and 2013) and a devaluation of about 50% of the local currency in 2016, maintaining a high level of profitability (RONE > 40%).
Egypt: 100.9 million inhabitants
386 282 customers
2 499 employees
Total assets: 2.7 bn€
Highlights - Prizes and Awards
- 10 new branches under the “Banki Store” innovative concept
- Number of connections on digital channels up by 70% to more than 6 million in 2020
- Publication of the first integrated sustainability report for 2017-2019
- “Thank You” initiative in recognition of healthcare professionals
- Management bodies 25% female
- Inclusion initiatives spearheaded by the Crédit Agricole Egypt Foundation: initiatives to promote education and support for the healthcare sector as well as the entrepreneurship of young people and women (partnership with the Ministry of Social Solidarity)
- One of only two banks in the flagship index of the Cairo Stock Exchange (EGX 30)
- Best Mobile Banking Adaptive Site and Best Digital Trade Finance Service
Fitch : BB- stable
(Ratings as of Q1 2021)
Source: BPI/FIN - Data at 12/31/2020
MTP 2022 Strategic ambition : be the European bank of reference in Egypt
- Develop business activities through a systematic approach to digitalization and promoting customer-centric innovation;
- Accelerate on customer acquisition;
- Reinforce the bank differentiated positioning on the corporate market and be the leading partner of MNCs and local GEs through the strengthening of expertise and customer satisfaction (e.g. structured finance);
- Develop new activities in synergy with the Group (Leasing - CAL&F, Wealth Management - Indosuez and Insurance - CAA) to take advantage of market growth dynamics.
- Company name: Crédit Agricole Egypt S.A.E.
- Shareholder at 31/03/2021 (Source Orion database):
- 60.5% : Groupe Crédit Agricole S.A. Group (o.w. 47,4% Crédit Agricole SA and 13,1% CACIB)
- 7,6% : Rolaco EGP & Ben Ali Daykh
- 31,9% : free Float
- Crédit Agricole Egypt’s organizational chart (february 2021)
Crédit Agricole Egypt Management
- Pierre Finas, Managing Director
- Thierry Marotine - Head of Supervision & Agri Agro and Professional Markets
- Emmanuel Arribat – Country Supervisor
Key economic indicators
Data 2020 France Egype
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual
Nominal GDP growth
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
Household savings rate
source : Insee FMI, ECO (Data at end 2020)
- Credit ratings
- Credit Update
- Green Bonds
- Social Bonds
- Search by ISIN code
- Tender offer and repayment