View articleDossier of the week
“Foire aux vins” wine promotions see wine-lovers bubbling with excitement2020/09/10
Crédit Agricole in Romania
Crédit Agricole Bank Romania's vision is to become the main bank of its customers, through partnerships, tailor-made offers and high standards of customer service.
CA Romania (CABR)
Joined the Group via Emporiki.
Fully owned by Crédit Agricole S.A. (June 2012).
Proximity bank and insurance focused on:
- High-end and expatriate retail customers;
- Agriculture and agri-food companies;
- Subsidiaries of MNCs.
MTP 2022 Strategic ambition: develop a targeted activity in the next three years to reach the break even with a focus on:
- Agri-Agro market : new business line created in half-2017;
- Corporate – MNCs and SME- to develop retail activity via cross-selling;
- Develop partnerships leveraging on Group synergies and serving Group customers in Romania. Optimize cross-selling (employees, suppliers and customers of our customers);
- Implement the digital transformation/processes enhancement program : CRM, customer acquisition platform, enhancement of on-line banking.
- Company name: Crédit Agricole Bank Romania S.A.
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database): Crédit Agricole Group - 100% (IUB Holding S.A. 99.92%, Crédit Agricole S.A. 0.08%)
- Crédit Agricole Romania’s organizational chart (February 2020)
Crédit Agricole Romania Management
- Luc Beiso - Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole Romania
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision and Control
- Véronique Maire - Supervision Head - Romania
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual (%)
Nominal GDP growth (%)
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
National saving rate
Household savings rate
Budget deficit/GDP (%)
source : FMI, ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2019)