CA Romania (CABR)
Crédit Agricole has been operating in Romania under its own brand name since 2012. The bank supports the Group’s corporate customers and robust agri-agro market approach, the two main drivers of its development.
Its retail banking and insurance activity is focused on the following markets: high-end and expatriate retail customers, agriculture and agri-food companies, subsidiaries of multinational corporations (MNCs).
The objective of Crédit Agricole Bank Romania is to become the main bank of its customers, via partnerships, tailor-made offers and a high level of customer service, through the implementation of a digital transformation plan: CRM tool, online customer acquisition platform, improved online banking services, etc.
- Corporate target: addressing large local companies, multinationals, continue to develop synergies with CASA;
- Agri target: attracting new customers, companies that are well capitalized and profitable, thanks to the new business line created mid-2017;
- Retail target: addressing high-income customers, increasing the customer base, growing the number of customers who use the whole package of bank products, and cultivating long-term loyalty among all customers, continuing lending while keeping the desired customer profile in mind; developing Alternative Channel usage (I – connect , M – Connect, Cards).
- Company name: Crédit Agricole Bank Romania S.A.
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database): Crédit Agricole Group - 100% (IUB Holding S.A. 99.92%, Crédit Agricole S.A. 0.08%)
- Crédit Agricole Romania’s organizational chart (January 2019)
Crédit Agricole Romania Management
- Luc Beiso - Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole Romania
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision and Control
- Véronique Maire - Supervision Head - Romania
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual
Nominal GDP growth
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
Household savings rate
source : ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2017)