Credit Agricole Srbija (CAS)
Joined the Group in 2005 (Meridian Bank). Crédit Agricole Srbija has operated under Crédit Agricole brand since 2009.
Since 2014, constant improvement of the financials resulting from organic and profitable growth. Selective approach structured by market and prudent risk management.
Dynamic and competitive market supported by a strong economic growth and the recent de-risking of banks balance sheets.
Promising commercial trends, constant growth of market shares on strategic segments (Agri/Agro, Mass Affluent/Affluent).
Strong and dynamic growth of customer acquisition, +8% of active customers. Net Income Group Share up +50% to stand historic high of ~10M€.
Serbia: 7.2 million inhabitants
Total assets: 1,010 m€
- N°2 in Agro with 21.5% of market share (credit buro, NBS 2019);
- « Best Agro Bank in Serbia »;
- N°1 car loans (retail) with 44% of market share;
- Launch of a new branch concept;
- Strong commercial dynamism : + 10,000 customers and +20% credits in 2019.
Moody’s: Ba3 (Stable)
S&P: BB (Stable)
Fitch: BB (Stable)
Source: BPI/FIN - Data at 31/12/2019
MTP 2022 Strategic ambition: improve growth and profitability in a context of pre-accession to the EU
- Affirm the leadership on Agri-Agro through a value chain global approach;
- Organic growth of the retail market oriented on « middle class » and affluent segments supported by dedicated offers (car, housing, cash loan);
- Continue the dynamic of customer acquisition and develop digital acquisition Reinforce Group synergies: serve Group customers (MNCs) and amplify the share of expertise. Take advantage of the economic environment leveraging on privatizations and FDI inflows;
- Seize the opportunities linked to the recent positioning as the only French bank in Serbia.
- Company name : Crédit Agricole Banka Srbija Akcionarsko Drustvo Novi Sad
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database): Crédit Agricole S.A. : 100%
- Crédit Agricole Srbija's organizational chart (April 2020)
Crédit Agricole Serbia management
- Gianluca Borrelli - President of the Executive Board
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision & Control
- Letteria Barbaro-Bour - Supervision Head, Serbia
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual (%)
Nominal GDP growth (%)
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
National saving rate
Household savings rate
Budget deficit/GDP (%)
source : FMI, ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2019)