- 3 min
Crédit Agricole S.A.'s Board of Directors, chaired by René Carron, met on 8 March 2005 to approve the results for the 2004 financial year.
These results were up sharply compared to 2003, reflecting excellent performances by all the Group's business lines:
- the Regional Banks posted robust growth in all business areas;
- Crédit Lyonnais recorded strong growth in customer deposits and loans outstanding;
- the consumer credit business continued to expand rapidly, especially abroad;
- in asset management, net new inflows grew firmly;
- the corporate and investment banking business saw a 30% rise in net income;
- the contribution from international retail banking rose sharply.
These performances are particularly impressive, as they were achieved in the year that saw the completion of the Crédit Lyonnais integration process, resulting in a major restructuring of most of the Group's business lines. [...]