The purpose of the Crédit Agricole S.A. Consultative Committee is to help the company communicate as effectively as possible with its individual shareholders
Meetings and tasks
The purpose of the Crédit Agricole S.A. Consultative Committee is to help the company communicate as effectively as possible with its individual shareholders.
The Consultative Committee gives feedback and meets 2 or 3 times a year, face-to-face, to:
- to give an opinion, to make proposals on ours individuals shareholders presentations, events and communication messages to the individual shareholders: including Integrated Report, the Guide of individual shareholders, the Internet section «Individual shareholders», the monthly enews of the Shareholders' Club, remarks on the programme of meetings, conferences and visits proposed by the Shareholders' Club. As a general rule, it provides feedback on all types of information aimed at individual shareholders;
- to participate in the preparation of the General Meeting: an explanation in the preamble of the resolutions submitted to the shareholders for voting, comments on the objectives and implications of these resolutions, and reviews the voting procedures;
- present and discuss our Medium-Term Plan, our business lines or other topics related to our Group’s activity.
The Consultative Committee is also consulted each quarter, by webconference, on the publication of our results.
Meetings for year 2021
- On 26 march 2021, in video-conferencing, Jacques Ripoll, Chief Executif Officer of CACIB and Deputy General Manager, Head of Major Clients, presented to the members of the Liaison Committee, the Large Costumers activity and detailed the characteristics of this business, the main lines of the MTP, our geographical and competitive positioning. Several questions were addressed on Cacib’s strategy, CSR, etc. The resolutions that will be put to a vote by shareholders at our next Annual General Meeting on 12 May 2021 have been presented and explained by Arnaud Gillet, Crédit Agricole S.A.’s legal expert. The Annual General Meeting will be held without the physical presence of its shareholders.
Meetings for year 2020
- On 16 January 2020, the members of the Liaison Committee met in Evergreen, the headquarters of Crédit Agricole S.A., in Montrouge. Bénédicte Chrétien, Head of Human Resources at Crédit Agricole S.A. presented the actions carried out in connection with the “Human Project” pillar of the Group Project and Ambitions 2022. The discussions continued during the lunch in his presence, that of Clotilde L'Angevin, Director of Financial Communication and Philippe Brassac, Managing Director of Crédit Agricole S.A. Several detailed questions were asked about this Human Project such as the place and evolution of women in management, the training of employees and managers, the employment of young people, the monitoring of the indicators of the LMP medium-term plan … and other more general topics such as the solidity of the Group, the impact of low rates... In the afternoon, a special focus was given to Italy, the Group’s second domestic market, by Lo Sinno Simona, Chief Financial Officer of Banque de Proximité à l'International (BPI) and Jean-Philippe Laval, Head of External Relations/ Coordination Division Italy Group Business Lines. The day ended with a visit to the Trading Floor of Crédit Agricole Corporate Investissement Bank (CACIB).
- May 28, 2020 (conference call): Clotilde L’Angevin, Head of Financial Communications, first reviewed our 2020 Annual General Meeting, held without shareholders, due to the covid crisis. She then answered questions of the Liaison Committee members regarding Q1 2020 results and the Group’s Covid-19 initiatives.
- September 15, 2020 (face-to-face): The Liaison Committee met at Fédération Nationale du Crédit Agricole, 48 rue La Boétie in Paris 8th. The morning began with Clotilde L'Angevin, Head of Financial Communications, who gave her take on the Group’s and Crédit Agricole S.A.’s Q2 and S1 results. Bertrand Corbeau, Deputy Managing Director of the Development, Customer and Innovation division, then gave a presentation about Group’s Medium-Term Plan and Client Project 2022. He detailed its main components. Discussions continued over lunch. In the afternoon, Thomas Benaim, Deputy Director General of the Village by CA Paris, gave a presentation about Village by CA, its history, development and functioning. The day ended with a tour of the Village by CA.