Crédit Agricole S.A. set up in 2003 a Consultative Committee to help the company communicate as effectively as possible with its retail shareholders.
Meetings and tasks
The Consultative Committee meets two times a year to give feedback and suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders.
The Committee gives feedback and
- suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders, including the Annual Report, the Shareholders’ Guide, the Investor & Shareholder Information website, and the Letter to Shareholders. The Committee also comments on the schedules for meetings, conferences and visits planned by the Shareholders’ Club. As a general rule, it provides feedback on all types of information aimed at retail shareholders.
- participates in the preparations for General Meetings. The Committee explains the resolutions submitted for approval by shareholders, comments on the objectives and implications of these resolutions, and reviews the voting procedures.
Meetings for year 2020
- On 16 January 2020, the members of the Liaison Committee met in Evergreen, the headquarters of Crédit Agricole S.A., in Montrouge. Bénédicte Chrétien, Head of Human Resources at Crédit Agricole S.A. presented the actions carried out in connection with the “Human Project” pillar of the Group Project and Ambitions 2022. The discussions continued during the lunch in his presence, that of Clotilde L'Angevin, Director of Financial Communication and Philippe Brassac, Managing Director of Crédit Agricole S.A. Several detailed questions were asked about this Human Project such as the place and evolution of women in management, the training of employees and managers, the employment of young people, the monitoring of the indicators of the LMP medium-term plan … and other more general topics such as the solidity of the Group, the impact of low rates... In the afternoon, a special focus was given to Italy, the Group’s second domestic market, by Lo Sinno Simona, Chief Financial Officer of Banque de Proximité à l'International (BPI) and Jean-Philippe Laval, Head of External Relations/ Coordination Division Italy Group Business Lines. The day ended with a visit to the Trading Floor of Crédit Agricole Corporate Investissement Bank (CACIB).
- May 28, 2020 (conference call): Clotilde L’Angevin, Head of Financial Communications, first reviewed our 2020 Annual General Meeting, held without shareholders, due to the covid crisis. She then answered questions of the Liaison Committee members regarding Q1 2020 results and the Group’s Covid-19 initiatives.
- September 15, 2020 (face-to-face): The Liaison Committee met at Fédération Nationale du Crédit Agricole, 48 rue La Boétie in Paris 8th. The morning began with Clotilde L'Angevin, Head of Financial Communications, who gave her take on the Group’s and Crédit Agricole S.A.’s Q2 and S1 results. Bertrand Corbeau, Deputy Managing Director of the Development, Customer and Innovation division, then gave a presentation about Group’s Medium-Term Plan and Client Project 2022. He detailed its main components. Discussions continued over lunch. In the afternoon, Thomas Benaim, Deputy Director General of the Village by CA Paris, gave a ^presentation about Village by CA, its history, development and functioning. The day ended with a tour of the Village by CA.
Meetings of year 2019
- April 11, 2019 (conference call): explanations of resolutions, which will be put to the vote of shareholders at our next General Assembly on May 21, 2019 in Metz (Moselle), presented by François Morard, Head of the Group Life Department of the Legal Department.
- In September 18, 2019: The members of the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A, recently renewed by half, met at Crédit Agricole S.A headquarters in Montrouge. The presentation of the new Group Project and Ambitions 2022 was detailed by Clotilde L'Angevin, Director of Financial Communication. The Group’s Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility (CSR) actions, in connection with the “Social Project” pillar of the Medium-Term Plan (MTP), were presented to them by Eric Campos, Director of CSR. At lunch time, Jérôme Brunel, Secretary General of Crédit Agricole S.A. and Clotilde L'Angevin shared the table of members who were able to ask their questions and exchange live. Several topics were discussed on the MTP, the strategy (commercial, geographical, IT, etc.) and current events of the Group, as well as questions on the results of the second half of the year. In the afternoon, a presentation from the Financial Communication Department was given to them by a representative from each division: Investor Relations, Rating Agency and Debt Investor Relations, and Individual Shareholder Relations. The day ended with a visit to the Evergreen site.