Crédit Agricole S.A. set up in 2003 a Consultative Committee to help the company communicate as effectively as possible with its retail shareholders.
Meetings and tasks
The Consultative Committee meets two times a year to give feedback and suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders.
The Committee gives feedback and
- suggestions on all communications channels, events and messages aimed at retail shareholders, including the Annual Report, the Shareholders’ Guide, the Investor & Shareholder Information website, and the Letter to Shareholders. The Committee also comments on the schedules for meetings, conferences and visits planned by the Shareholders’ Club. As a general rule, it provides feedback on all types of information aimed at retail shareholders.
- participates in the preparations for General Meetings. The Committee explains the resolutions submitted for approval by shareholders, comments on the objectives and implications of these resolutions, and reviews the voting procedures.
The first meetings took place in September 2003, February 2004 then in May 2004 for the Annual General Meeting.
Meetings of year 2018
- In January 16th, 2018: the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A. met in " 19 LCL " boulevard of the Italians, the historic place of the Crédit Lyonnais. Committee members were welcomed by Laure Belluzzo, Director of functioning of LCL, which then presented them the organization, the results, the development and the strategy of this bank. Cyril Meilland, Director of financial communication of Crédit Agricole S.A led the second part of the day, by answering all the questions on the obligation for Crédit Agricole S.A. to delete the dividend increased before ending on a presentation of the various valuation methods of shares and specificities of the banking sector. To close this meeting, the liaison committee was able to visit prestigious immovable of " 19 LCL ".
Meetings of year 2017
- In September 14th, 2017: the Consultative committee, recently renewed by half, met in the afternoon in the office of the Crédit Agricole to Montrouge. A presentation of the Financial Communications department was made for them with a participanton every division: investor relations, Relations Rating agencies and Investors Debts and Relations Individual Shareholders. In the middle of the day, a synthesis of workshops, which took place on 28/04/2017, was exposed to them with the solutions which were held for the next publications. Then a visit of the site Evergreen was proposed to them. At the end of the day, the committee members assisted to the information meeting of the shareholders organized on the site, with Cyril Meilland's intervention, Director of financial communication, concerning the results of the second half-year, the perspectives and medium-to-long term plan of Crédit Agricole S.A. and the Group.
- In April 28th, 2017: the Consultative committee with the individual shareholders of Crédit Agricole S.A. met to Montrouge, head office of Crédit Agricole S.A. The members viewed at first the educational movies, concerning the "modalities of vote "and" the resolutions " of the General Meeting, then Patricia Lottin, legal expert, of the Legal Affairs, explained all the resolutions which will be proposed in the vote of the shareholders in Tours. They shared Philippe Brassac's table, Chief Executive of Crédit Agricole S.A., or each was able to exchange and to ask his live questions. Several themes were approached such as: the evolution of the share price, the politics of the dividend, the executive compensation, on the objectives of the Medium shot term or still the strategy of the specialised businesses of the Group. The afternoon was dedicated to workshops on the contents of the publications sent to the members of the club of the shareholders. At the end of the day, a debriefing of several subjects had place concerning the first e-meeting of March 02nd, 2017 held by Philippe Brassac and livened up by Lionel Garnier journalist of the "Revenu", the magazine of our last publications, the presentation again logo of the club of the shareholders and finally the renewal of the committee members.