Work from home, on-site work during confinement ... employees testify2020/05/27
- 3 min
Corporate patronage: Crédit Agricole Assurances supports volunteer caregivers
Caregivers play a vital role in intergenerational solidarity, helping in situations that we all may have to face one day. That is why Crédit Agricole Assurances has decided, as part of its ESR policy, to support community projects aimed at assisting volunteer caregivers. The initiative will mainly consist in funding local projects to provide rest periods, training and psychological support for caregivers, regardless of considerations (age, sickness, disability) relating to the person they are caring for. Several partnerships have already been formed, notably with the following organisations:
- "Le Pas", which organises regular physical activities for children with mental disabilities to give their parents a break from caring.
- AMASAD(2), which is setting up a daycare centre where family caregivers can take their elderly relatives for a morning, afternoon or the whole day, and thus have a little time off.
- UNAFAM(3), which is organising "REPIT breaks" (REPIT stands for "breathing, listening, sharing, informing and changing"), for mentally handicapped people and their families.
- "Le Pallium" health care network, which is setting up "Helium Wednesdays", a music, movement and art workshop for children, teenagers and their families hit by illness, giving both patients and family caregivers some much-needed time-out.
Crédit Agricole Assurances plans to put its commitment into action at regional level by launching a nationwide call for projects in 2011.
(1) There are currently some 4 million family caregivers in France. These are family members or volunteers who provide non-professional assistance for daily tasks to persons who have become dependent as a result of age, sickness or an accident.
(2) Association Mutuelle Agricole de Soins à Domicile
(3) Union Nationale des Amis et Familles de Malades Psychiques