View articleDossier of the week
Hydrogen, a sound choice for the energy transition2020/03/26
- 3 min
Paris, 17 November 2009
Amid volatile financial markets, Crédit Agricole Assurances is offering two new investment options on Rouge Corinthe, a life insurance policie distributed by LCL. The aim of these options, Stop Win and Stop Loss, is to enable customers to benefit from the forthcoming recovery while limiting their risk of loss.
The "Stop" options have been designed to protect and grow the investments of people who are unable to monitor their policies daily. They allow customers to choose investment vehicles with potentially high returns while maintaining a chosen level of security. The options also make it possible to manage investment performance and limit the risk of loss.
- The Stop Win option consists in protecting the principal invested in one or more vehicles when a rate of capital gain is observed. The customer stipulates the "expected" level of gain for each vehicle, and the entire invested amount is switched to a secure money market vehicle once that level has been reached.
- The Stop Loss option protects the amount invested in one or more vehicles when a capital loss is observed. The customer stipulates the "tolerated" level of loss on each vehicle, and the entire invested amount is switched to the secure vehicle once that level has been reached.
- security: "stop" levels are monitored daily to protect customers
- freedom: customers set their own "stop" levels
- customisation: the Stop Win and Stop Loss options can be combined to set upward and downward thresholds for vehicle performance
- flexibility: customers may change thresholds, make top-up payments, redeem, switch and combine several options at any time.