View articleDossier of the week
Hydrogen, a sound choice for the energy transition2020/03/26
- 3 min
Crédit Agricole CIB receives the “Airport House of the Year” and “Rail House of the Year” Awards by Global Transportation Finance
During the awards ceremony which took place in London on 16 November 2012, Crédit Agricole CIB, the Corporate and Investment bank of the Crédit Agricole Group, received two awards from Global Transportation Finance:
- “Airport House of the Year”,
- “Rail House of the Year”, for the second consecutive year.
“These awards recognise the close cooperation between the Aviation & Rail, Tax Lease, Natural resources, Infrastructure & Power teams within the Structured Finance business line, and the Securitisation, Debt Capital Markets, Rating Advisory and Mergers & Acquisitions teams”, said José Abramovici, Global head of Crédit Agricole CIB’s Asset Finance Group.
During the same evening, several transactions in which Crédit Agricole CIB played a major role were also singled out:
- “Aircraft Leasing of the Year” for Air France. Crédit Agricole CIB successfully arranged a French lease in euros guaranteed by the ECGD and Euler-Hermes to finance the acquisition of an Airbus A380-800.
- “Engine Deal of the Year” for the WEST securitisation (« Willis Engine Securitization Trust ») set up for Willis Lease Finance Corporation, the engine leasing company. Crédit Agricole CIB was involved as sole Structuring Agent and Joint Bookrunner for a USD 390 million placement of securities guaranteed by a portfolio of 79 aircraft engines. This is the largest ABS aviation transaction placed in the market since 2008 and the first in 2012.
- “Aircraft Debt Deal of the Year” for LATAM Airlines Group. Crédit Agricole CIB played a major role in structuring and setting up the first pre-placed dollar bond issue, guaranteed by the US Exim Bank. The Bank acted as Joint Structuring Agent and Joint Bookrunner. The USD 288 million issue matures in 2024 and finances two Boeing B777-300ERs.
Crédit Agricole CIB was also given the “Aviation Debt of the Year – Europe” award for setting up a Corporate Credit line for International Airlines Group (IAG), in which the Bank was involved as Lead Manager.