View articleDossier of the week
Caregivers : a glimmer of hope ?2019/11/06
- 3 min
Paris, 12 January 2010
Crédit Agricole Private Equity reinforces its commitment to sustainable development by endorsing the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
The PRI were launched in 2006 by the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI). Their aim is to integrate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) considerations into the investment decisions and ownership practices applied by institutional investors. Over 600 finance industry professionals with $18 billion of investments under management have become signatories to these principles (source: PRI Report on Progress 2009).
By endorsing these principles, Crédit Agricole Private Equity undertakes to:
- Integrate ESG considerations into its investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Take ESG issues into consideration in its policies and practices as a shareholder.
- Ask the companies in which Crédit Agricole Private Equity invests to publish appropriate information on ESG issues.
- Promote acceptance and application of the principles asset managers.
- Work collectively to enhance our effectiveness in applying the Principles.
- Report separately on its activities and its progress in applying the Principles.
This approach confirms Crédit Agricole Private Equity's determination to act as a socially responsible shareholder by incorporating ESG considerations into its management and investment operations, as well as into the day-to-day practices of the company and all of its employees. It is fully compatible with the values developed by the Crédit Agricole Group, which has a longstanding involvement in sustainable development issues.
Fabien Prévost, Chairman of Crédit Agricole Private Equity's Management Board, said: "We want to meet the expectations of the most exacting investors and to incorporate ESG considerations into our management. By encouraging the companies in which we invest to abide by these principles, we are fully playing our role as an involved shareholder by helping them on the path to sustainable growth."