- 3 min
Equity investment management central to Amundi’s growth strategy
With €108 billion in equity assets under management1, Amundi is already a global leader in this asset class, with a clearly-stated ambition to expand its Equity business by focusing on three areas:
- strengthening its product offer and expertise;
- concentrating its organisation on the search for performance;
- setting up a powerful sales force in France and abroad.
With this strategy, Amundi aims to increase its equity assets by 20% by 2014.
Amundi is a leading international player in equity investment management with 140 investment professionals in the main financial markets: Paris, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and the United States. Its areas of expertise are recognized and selected by all distribution channels.
Amundi CEO Yves Perrier says: “Equities are at the heart of our growth strategy. We want to make Amundi the European leader in asset management. With this equity plan, we intend to strengthen our expertise and sales presence so as to offer our clients ever more efficient investment solutions. Our ambition is to grow our assets under management by 20% by 2014.”
In order to meet investors’ demand for more global approaches, Amundi is organising the Equity business line based on three different areas:
strengthening its product offer and expertise via:
- streamlining the offer into three large ranges of investment solutions, covering all our clients’ requirements: Regional Solutions, Global Equity, and Absolute Return;
- constantly selecting the best expertise depending on market opportunities with the support of a widely recognized analysis desk.
concentrating its organisation on the search for performance, combining:
- a platform of shared resources so as to make economies of scale and play on the volume effect. By adopting a global approach and focusing execution on around a dozen global intermediaries, Amundi has already succeeded in obtaining the best possible quality of execution at highly competitive conditions;
- networking of the skills of the different investment teams in France and abroad so as to pool know-how and best practices.
setting up a powerful sales force in France and abroad. With more than 350 sales people in 30 countries, Amundi intends to buttress the roll-out of its equity expertise to its clients.
Romain Boscher, Head of Equity investment management, comments: “Our organisation aims to deliver top-quality performance over the long term. It also intends to offer our clients throughout the world the full range of our expertise (regional, global solutions, absolute return).”
1. Data Amundi Group – Figures as at 31 March 2011. Includes assets managed under absolute return strategies based on underlying equities.