- 3 min
UAF Patrimoine launches UAF Autocall, a new structured bond that offers an alternative to dynamic equity investments
UAF Patrimoine, a Predica brand dedicated to devising life insurance solutions for independent wealth
management advisors, is now offering UAF Autocall, a new structured bond as part of its range of life
insurance and capitalisation policies.
Eligible for inclusion in UAF Patrimoine’s Octavie 1 and 2, Alyss and Laurys policies and linked to the
performance of the Euro Stoxx 50® index, UAF Autocall offers investors the following benefits:
- a profit objective of 7.5% per completed year if the Euro Stoxx 50® index does not record a decline
of more than 50% at maturity compared with its initial level.
- an early redemption mechanism triggered automatically from year 1 to 5 if the performance of the
Euro Stoxx 50® index from the starting date (30 December 2011) is positive or zero. In this case,
investors receive the full amount of their capital plus a gain of 7.5% per completed year.
At maturity, if the early redemption mechanism has not been triggered previously, the capital is exposed to a risk
of a loss only if the Euro Stoxx 50® index has declined by more than 50% since the starting date.
Amid the turbulent economic conditions currently prevailing, with a highly uncertain outlook for the equity markets
and a low level of interest rates, UAF Autocall represents a straightforward and easy-to-understand investment
opportunity with ideal market timing given the decline in the equity markets.
Principal financial characteristics of UAF Autocall
- Debt securities without any capital guarantee
- Indexed to the Euro Stoxx 50® index
- Issued by SG Acceptance (wholly-owned subsidiary of Société Générale)
- Denominated in euros
- Recommended investment horizon: 6 years (except in the event of automatic early redemption)
- Eligible to be held in life insurance policies and securities accounts
- Marketing period from 6 October to 15 December 2011