#Point of view
Evergreen, a Campus on the leading edge of environmental management
The Evergreen Campus, the 170,000-m2 head office of Crédit Agricole S.A. located in Montrouge, is fully integrated in the local urban fabric and offers high-level functional and environmental performances. To operate the site on a day-to-day basis, Crédit Agricole Immobilier calls on the expertise of its operational real estate teams. As part of a forward-looking approach to regulation and a policy of continuous improvement, the Group’s real estate expert supports Crédit Agricole S.A. in its environmental certification policy. The HQE® Exploitation certification (for buildings in use) of the Aqua, Terra, Lumen and Forum buildings making up the Evergreen Campus was renewed in January 2016 with improved ratings.
HQE® Exploitation certification (HQE standing for “high environmental quality”) concerns a building’s performance in terms of energy, the environment, health and comfort. The following certification has been obtained thus far:
- Sustainable Building category: “Very Good” rating;
- Sustainable Management category: “Very Good” rating for Lumen and Terra and “Excellent” rating for Aqua and the Forum;
- Sustainable Use category: “Excellent” rating.
In the coming years, Crédit Agricole S.A, working together with Crédit Agricole Immobilier, plans to include the most recently completed buildings at Evergreen, Eole and Silvae, in the scope of certification. Produced by Crédit Agricole Immobilier, these two buildings have already obtained the highest-level environmental certification in terms of construction, with HQE® Construction and BREEAM. Crédit Agricole Immobilier will ensure that this commitment is extended to operations.
Understanding HQE® Exploitation certification
HQE® Exploitation certification, for buildings in use, is awarded to sites leading an environmental performance policy that ensures the well-being of occupants. The assessment is based on guidelines taking into account the following:
- The quality of the construction, for example the insulation of walls and partitions;
- The manner in which technical equipment is managed to optimise energy consumption (air conditioning, heating, lighting);
- The extent of green spaces;
- The environmental nature of maintenance and servicing;
- Layout and facilities developed to foster staff well-being.
HQE® Exploitation certification is granted for a five-year period with annual inspections.