One day with Miriam at the Mobili'jobs2018/04/06
Printemps des Universités d'entreprise gold trophy for IFCAM2018/03/22
Activate your inner soft skills
Hard skills no longer suffice in themselves to adapt quickly to changes in the working environment and the competitive environment. While hard skills remain necessary, it is soft skills that now make all the difference. To activate our inner soft skills, Crédit Agricole is rolling out an ambitious training programme in September. The programme was developed on the basis of a project initiated by IFCAM, the Group University, and co-built with some 20 Group entities.
What exactly are “soft skills”?
The more businesses become technical and digital, the more soft skills help to integrate the resulting complexity.
These cross-cutting skills notably include knowing how to communicate, quickly integrate a team, adapt to change, develop empathy, forge creative aptitudes, and work collectively.
Unlike hard skills, soft skills do not become obsolete. They foster occupational mobility and employability. And each one of us is able to develop these skills.
A training course with five key goals
For the course, the IFCAM is contributing to the transformation of our organisation structures with five major objectives:
- Develop confidence for succeeding in a world of changing organisation systems, to the benefit of clients.
- Better manage our environment and transformation.
- Develop openness and critical faculties.
- Develop the keys to continuous learning.
- Develop commitment, desire and the ability to take part in the transformation of one’s business line or organisation, and even to drive transformation.
Six decisive abilities
The Group project has specified six major abilities to be developed in order to activate soft skills:
Engaging educational methods
The educational approach will be engaging, with a varied set of learning methods, including self-learning, learning in pairs, work situation scenarios, dialogue on ideas and best practices, and learning through mistakes.
Assessment will form a key learning tool, before, during and after the training. This evaluation-based approach will help people to learn how to trigger a number of mechanisms, identify their learning curve, self-assess in pairs, give and receive feedback, organise learning reflexivity, and analyse the quality of post-training transferral.
The training formats are adapted to the issues and targets and designed to meet objectives and achieved the desired effects. They take account of the profile of the employees.
A complete course for “Transform’actors”, influencers, project heads and organisers.
- A 12-day diploma course over five months, combining remote and classroom learning, with certification targeted in second-half 2020.
- Advantages: a “class” spirit for experiencing a human adventure and social learning, follow-up ensured by a tutor for support, learning processes, regulation and assistance in the implementation of collaborative and cooperative strategies.
The course comprises a 2-day core together with à la carte modules for “Re’actors”, already involved and proactive on an individual basis but needing to step up their work on bringing others on board.
- Programme designed by the company in response to a specific issue among other à la carte content: 6 continuous remote modules and 30 workshops; Possible format: “The Learning Week”.
- Advantages: promotion of change pillars, with adjusted resources.
Three programmes adapted to “Collabor’actors”, i.e. all employees.
- Option 1: à la carte course by ability group
- Advantages: freedom, gradual start-up, awareness raising pending initial training of priority targets.
- Option 2: minimum 2-day core with collective workshops and remote sessions: “Taking on the future” + “Learning to learn”.
- Advantages: awareness-raising momentum initiated and targeted in depth, first significant transformation step, reasonable time budget for bringing numerous people on board, heightens the impact of the transformation.
- Option 3: simplified combined course with remote and classroom learning, 5.5 days over 6 months
- Advantages: provides support to employees impacted by a significant transformation, boosting their confidence in their abilities.
A programme designed by Crédit Agricole to develop our soft skills
The project initiated by IFCAM, the Group University, was co-built by a working group of some 20 entities sponsored by the Deputy CEOs on the Education Orientation Committee with support from the Human Resources Departments of Fédération Nationale du Crédit Agricole and Crédit Agricole S.A.