Crédit Agricole in Ukraine
Crédit Agricole arrived in Ukraine in 1993 as a solid but small bank that only served corporate customers, mainly international, and a few large, local, corporate customers. Over these 25 years, the bank grew into a large (one of the TOP 10 in assets) universal bank serving all market segments – from private individuals to large international corporations.
Crédit Agricole Ukraine (CAU)
Crédit Agricole Bank is a modern universal bank and the oldest established foreign bank in Ukraine. It has been operating in Ukraine for more than 20 years, first in the corporate banking sector and, since 2006, in retail banking.
Following extensive restructuring, it has been operating under the Crédit Agricole brand since 2011 –the date of the merger with CACIB Ukraine.
Nowadays, the bank offers an entire range of banking services to private individuals, including premium-clients, and corporate customers, with a strong specialization in MNCs and agri-food, markets in which CAU has a strong reputation and experience (1st agricultural bank in the country).
Crédit Agricole Ukraine is also recognized for the quality of its management according to the Group’s standards (risk, compliance) and is one of the Top 5 Ukrainian banks in terms of profitability, with the best bank rating by Fitch.
The new ‘Horizon 2018’ plan was launched in 2016 to resume prudent and secure development – liquidity and profitability – in view of the country emerging from the crisis, including:
- Customer repositioning for high-end retail customers, a more differentiated approach towards companies, favoring MNCs and maintaining the position of leader in Agri-Agro and car financing;
- The bank’s digital transformation regarding customer service, and in particular, including optimization of BO functions, investment in IT, and boosting employee expertise.
- Company name: PJSC Crédit Agricole Bank
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database):Crédit Agricole S.A.: 100%
- Crédit Agricole Ukraine's organizational chart (July 2019)
Credit Agricole Ukraine Management
- Jean-Paul PIOTROWSKI, Chief Executive Officer
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision and Control
- Véronique Maire – Supervision Head - Ukraine
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual (%)
Nominal GDP growth (%)
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
National saving rate
Household savings rate
Budget deficit/GDP (%)
source : FMI, ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2018)