Crédit Agricole in Ukraine
Crédit Agricole arrived in Ukraine in 1993 as a solid but small bank that only served corporate customers, mainly international, and a few large, local, corporate customers. Over these 25 years, the bank grew into a large (one of the TOP 10 in assets) universal bank serving all market segments – from private individuals to large international corporations.
Crédit Agricole Ukraine (CAU)
Joined the Group in 2006 (Index Bank).
Following a profound restructuring, has operated under Crédit Agricole brand since 2011 and merger with CACIB Ukraine.
A universal retail bank with a strong specialization in MNCs and agri-food, a market in which CAU has a strong reputation and expertise.
Has been maintaining a high level of profitability also during the restructuring phase of the banking industry following the Ukrainian crisis of 2014.
Leadership in Agro-agri and development of the corporate segment. Strong financial performance in 2019 with solid underlying fundamentals.
Ukraine: 44 million inhabitants
Total assets: 1 331 m€
- Fitch Rating B highest level of the Ukrainian banks
- First project financing in the Renewable Energy sector
- N°3 Agri bank in Ukraine (Business magazine rating 2019)
- N°1 car loans in Ukraine (Financial Club Awards 2019)
Moody’s: Caa2 (Positive)
S&P: B- (Positive)
Source: BPI/FIN - Data at 31/12/2019
MTP 2022 Strategic ambition: ensure a high profitability through a balanced sectorial growth
- Stengthen leadership position on MNCs and Agri / Agro through the development of expertise. Strengthen cooperation with Group entities in France and abroad (Germany, Poland); Implement a specialization strategy on key sectors and expertises. Enlarge products offer (leasing);
- Balance the model by tending towards 50% of Proximity Banking revenues: omnichannel distribution strategy, deployment of the Group's marketing and distribution tools, development of advanced mobile solutions, optimization of funding in local currency;
- Strengthen customer satisfaction in support of the move upmarket with a focus on the mass/affluent segments.
- Company name: PJSC Crédit Agricole Bank
- Shareholder at 01/04/2018 (Source Orion database):Crédit Agricole S.A.: 100%
- Crédit Agricole Ukraine's organizational chart (April 2020)
Credit Agricole Ukraine Management
- Carlos de Cordoue, Chief Executive Officer
- Stanislas Ribes - Head of BPI Supervision and Control
- Véronique Maire – Supervision Head - Ukraine
Key economic indicators
Population (in millions)
Population growth rate
Nominal GDP (in USD billions)
Real GDP growth, annual (%)
Nominal GDP growth (%)
GDP per inhabitant, current USD
National saving rate
Household savings rate
Budget deficit/GDP (%)
source : FMI, ECO / Crédit Agricole S.A (Data at end 2019)