Informed by this raison d’être, which will guide our transformation, we will broaden our relationship model through three major projects.
I. Our raison d'être
The lasting success of companies hinges today on their ability to base their business model, their core business, on a perceived and recognised usefulness.
The Group is thus expressing its reason for being, in other words, its usefulness to customers and society:
Working every day in the interest of our customers and society
Crédit Agricole’s end purpose is to be a trusted partner to all its customers:
- Its solid position and the diversity of its expertise enable CA to offer all its customers ongoing support on a daily basis and for their projects in life, in particular by helping them to guard against uncertainties and to plan for the long term.
- CA is committed to seeking out and protecting its customers interests in all it does. It advises them with transparency, loyalty and pedagogy.
- It places human responsibility at the heart of its model: it is committed to helping all its customers benefit from the best technological practices, while guaranteeing
them access to competent, available local teams that can ensure all aspects of the customer Relationship.
Proud of its cooperative and mutualist identity and drawing on a governance representing its customers, Crédit Agricole::
- Supporting the economy, entrepreneurship and innovation in France and abroad: it is naturally committed to supporting its régions.
- It takes intentional action in societal and environment fields by supporting progress and transformations.
- It serves everyone: from the most modest to the wealthiest households, from local professionals to large international companies..
This is how Crédit Agricole demonstrates its usefulness and availability to its customers, and the commitment of its 141,000 employees to excellence in customer relations
Watch a video on our Reason for Being
II. The three main projects of Reason for Being
1. Customer project
The customer project has been expanded and targets customer relations excellence through increased action on customer satisfaction by all the business lines, the commitment of the Group as a whole to a “zero error” culture, and an exceptional online customer experience and innovative products and services.
2. Personal responsibility project
Il This project is focused on responsibility at local level. The objective is to offer customers permanent access to a trained, independent and responsive contact in a structure that clearly delegates authority. This process involves managerial transformation, organisational change and a framework of increased confidence.
3. Social project
The social project consists in pursuing the Group’s societal engagement in favour of all, maintaining social connections in the regions, developing social-impact financing and making “green finance” one of the Group’s keys to growth..
Interview with Philippe Brassac on the strategic focuses
In this video, Philippe Brassac, Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole S.A., talks about the strategic focuses of Reason for Being..
1. Our performance driver
The 2022 Medium Term Plan is supported by three drivers, in line with the previous plan :
- achieving growth on all our markets by establishing market-leading positions, deepening our customer relationships by responding to the individual nature of their needs, and expanding our universal model through the development of partnerships;
- unlocking revenue synergies, especially through our universal customer-focused retail bank model, to increase revenues to €10 billion by 2022;
- initiating a technological transformation to further improve our efficiency, investing €15 billion in IT systems over four years and simplifying our organisational structures and operating methods.
Interview with Xavier Musca on these success drivers
In this video, Xavier Musca, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole S.A., talks about the keys to implementing the plan.
2. Our ambitions
The Crédit Agricole group is among the most financially robust systemic banks. Its medium-term objective is to:
- further strengthen solvency and maintain prudent liquidity management (CET 1*> 16% for the Crédit Agricole Group);
- continue growing the net income of Crédit Agricole S.A. (> €5bn in 2022 for Crédit Agricole S.A.);
- generate diversified and balanced revenues (average increase of 2.5% for Crédit Agricole S.A.);
- optimise operational efficiency so as to continue improving its expenses/revenues ratio (< 60% for Crédit Agricole S.A.);
- be profitable across all its business lines;
- and create shareholder value, regardless of the environment.
* capital ratio
Objectives for 2022 per project
To zoom in, click on the graphic below
Interview with Jérôme Grivet on our objectives for 2022
In this video, Jérôme Grivet, Deputy General Manager of Crédit Agricole S.A., talks about our three-year financial objectives.
Our ambitions in videos
- Our commercial ambitions:
- Our financial ambitions: